Sunday, April 23, 2017

Solid Ground




Emotionally uprooted,
Not sure where I belong.
The things I once was sure of
Now suddenly seem wrong.

Unmoored, adrift and frightened,
No solid ground in sight.
I wonder where I'm going
And who will heed my plight.

Alone, unheard, unnoticed,
Afraid to lift my voice,
Afraid to be disparaged,
Afraid to make a choice.

Distressed, ashamed, remorseful,
Embarrased at my state.
I'm not sure how I got here
Or what will be my fate.

I lay my case before God,
And ask for his regard.
I tell him of my sorrow,
How life is just too hard.

I wonder, will he hear me,
Or will he turn away?
Will he be disappointed
At what I had to say?

I bow my head in silence
And wait for his rebuke,
Knowing that his charges
I'm too tired to dispute.

"My child," he gently whispers,
"I know you feel alone.
I know you feel uncertain
As you're facing the unknown.

"But know that I am with you,
I am your solid ground.
You feel as though you're missing,
But you are truly found.

"I see you and I hear you,
I know your every tear,
And I will never leave you,
There's nothing you need fear.

"My love for you is endless,
Dependent on my Son.
You cannot ever lose it,
That battle has been won."


















No comments:

Post a Comment